dinsdag 13 juli 2010

Hey everyone,
Have you ever been breaking a World Record by watching a tennis match in a football stadion? Well, now I can say “I DID”! Last week, I went to the Exhibition match of Kim Clijsters vs Serena Williams. Kim Clijsters beats Serena Williams in exhibition before a record crowd of 35,681. We passed the previous record of 30,472 in 1973 in the match where Billie Jean King defeated Bobby Riggs! Belgium, small country…but great sports people!!!

Yesterday morning I had a meeting with my Chef de Mission, Gert, en my colleague, Loubna … before the meeting started he noticed that -within a month- the opening ceremony of the Youth Olympic Games would already be finished… We were immediately awake…and ready for the final preparations!! What will I do from now on till the start of the Games:

  • MNM –national radio station- will be promoting the Youth Olympic Games during the first week of the YOG and this in prime-time!!! I’m selecting today 5 famous Belgian Olympians who will be interviewed by a Young Reporter. Every morning, people will hear stories about “the way to the top” & the fact that the Belgian Olympic Team is supporting the Belgian Junior Olympic Team.

  • The TV-commercial which will be launched soon will be finalized today! I’ve already seen the images & the sound and it looks GREAT! This is the moment for our Belgian Junior Olympic Team to be in the spotlights!

  • During the Youth Olympic Games, I will –as Young Ambassador- send over pictures & my stories to the editors of “De Zondag – Le Dimanche”. Every week-end (3 times) you will be able to follow my impressions around the Youth Olympic Games & the Cultural & Education Program

  • Besides the media-activation around the YOG, I’ve spoken with a commercial enterprise who will also set up an action around me as “Young Ambassador”.
    As you see, many ways to follow us during the Youth Olympic Games!!!
We are also delighted to have the visit of Prince Philippe who will be joining us in the Youth Olympic Village.
Tomorrow I’ll prepare the freight to be sure that our Chef de Mission doesn’t forget anything ;-)
This is my story for today…many things to face with! HEHE…but it’s FUN!!!

I’m looking forward to meet everyone again in Singapore: the Young Ambassadors, the IOC, the CEP Champions,…, and I wish everybody lots of success in the final preparations!
X Julie

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten